Good News!

I’ve been absent on the blog for a few days — weeks actually.  But there is a good reason.  My second novel, contracted by The Wild Rose Press — the publisher of ‘Acquisition’ — has been keeping me busy!

Yes, my friends.  Novel number two will be coming out this year!

With taglines to write, blurbs to approve, cover art to look through, and my first round of edits, it has been an exciting start to the new year.  And I am not complaining.  On the contrary!  I couldn’t be happier.

“Content is King. Promotion is Queen.” — Bob Mayer Tweet this

Receiving the offer for the second novel has been supremely validating.  I suppose there is a part of the psyche ready to accept that publishing one novel could be a fluke.  The second offer has settled me into my role as a novelist, and yet, it has made me hungrier than ever to learn more about the craft and grow as a writer.

And while the editing process for this second novel — (I’ll release the title in another post.  Isn’t that just like an author — leave you in suspense so you’ll come back for more!) — continues, I am proceeding to write the next new novel and working on the young adult which has been an ongoing project.

“Either write something worth reading, or do something worth writing.” — Benjamin Franklin

While this is wonderful, it is time consuming.  So there may be gaps when I am missing from the blog.  I apologize for this in advance.  Just know it is in the effort to make even more art from my imagination and/or personal experiences.

There are a few terrific posts coming up — mostly interviews with some exciting writers and teachers you will not want to miss.  The Monastic Writing workshop I attended in Italy will be featured soon, preceded by an interview with its founder and instructor.

“Where will your writing take you?” Justen Ahren  Tweet this

A musician-turned-writer — someone most of you will recognize — is in the works.  I hope to have some guest posts for you as well.

So even when I am not blogging or visiting with you, I am working to obtain inspirational pieces worthy of your time, or honing my professional skills.  In the meantime, stay warm and safe.  I’ll be making my rounds to visit with you soon!

“Writing means sharing. It’s part of the human condition to want to share things – thoughts, ideas, opinions.”  Paulo Coelho tweet-graphic-1

As per the advice of Paulo Coelho, please share your thoughts about writing — or anything else — in the comments section.

Renee Johnson is the author of Acquisition, and The Haunting of William Gray.  She is currently working on a Young Adult novel, while editing a suspense novel which has international flair–an homage to her love of travel and foreign food.  She lives on a farm in North Carolina with her husband, Tony Johnson, and one very spoiled German shepherd named Gretel.

About reneejohnsonwrites

I have recently returned from University of Iowa's Novel-Writing Intensive during their Summer Writing Festival. Other credits include two stints at The Essoyes School in France, two terms at a writer's residency at Noepe Center for Literary Arts on Martha's Vineyard, and a retreat in Italy. Join me in 'writing the world.' -- Renee Canter Johnson, author of "Herald Angels", "The Haunting of William Gray", and "Acquisition" published by The Wild Rose Press. Coming soon--an international intrigue set in Venice, Italy--where adventure and danger are as masked as the characters.

48 Responses to Good News!

1. Congrats!)))) Fabulous! xx

2. pattisj says:

Good for you, Renee! Congratulations! You have more important things to focus your time on right now. Keep up the good work.

3. Cecilia says:

Wow, congratulations! Great work.

4. Sherri says:

Great news, congratulations Renee 🙂

5. aFrankAngle says:

That a way … and a toast to you! … 🙂 … Congratulations.

6. In science, only if the experiment is repeated giving the same results is the hypothesis valid – being a writer is a bit like that emotionally, too. Congrats and dance happy!
    (the name of the press is really nice, too – great choice of imagery for them to pick that)

7. Congratulations, Renee! Can’t wait to learn the title and hear about the next book.
    The Ben Franklin quote is one of my favorites, so you have a perfect combination. 🙂

8. auntyuta says:

Thanks for your visit, Renee, and congratulations on publishing a second novel. 🙂

9. Congrats on your be publishing contract! Best wishes for much more fun and success.

10. restlessjo says:

I withdraw my comment, Renee. You obviously don’t have time for the 5 day black and white challenge, but I’ll still have a look at your Pinterest page 🙂 Happy days!

11. Renee, thanks for commenting at my blog so I could come over and see this great news! So happy for you, and yes, the offer is validating, to say the least. Look forward to guest posts and more on your process. Good on you! Amy

12. Cecilia says:

Congratulations! I am very happy for you, what a great moment!

13. Angie Mc says:

I’m privileged to meet you at this time, Renee. Congratulations and I look forward to reading more from you. Love the quotes 😀

14. Angie Mc says:

Reblogged this on Angie Mc's Reblog Love and commented:
    Stay hungry! Renee Canter Johnson writes, “The second offer has settled me into my role as a novelist, and yet, it has made me hungrier than ever to learn more about the craft and grow as a writer.”

15. Congratulations on the 2nd novel, Renee. I understand the thought that now you have validation for your craft. However, you’ve met a major requirement in you haven’t stopped writing.

16. Congratulations. This is great. Happy for you. Glad when writers are out there publishing despite what is said to be “the odds.” Bravo, Rene. Thanks for keeping in touch so I can congratulate you.

• Thank you, Carole. We can never just accept the odds and give in to them. Our dreams are too important. And we must stay in touch too! Your work is fantastic and I’m always glad to be sharing.

17. hotlyspiced says:

That is such excellent news, Renee, and so well deserved. You certainly have been busy and I agree – a second published novel really does validate and cement you as an author xx

18. Thank you Charlie! A second novel is a real treasure indeed. I’m fortunate and blessed.

19. Sheryl says:

Congrat! It’s an incredible amount of work to write a book–and it’s absolutely awesome that your second one is being published.

20. How exciting! Congratulations. No apologies needed regarding any absence now…go for it, again! I’m so proud of you.

21. Aquileana says:

Congrats and the best of luck to you Renee! ⭐
    Happy week ahead! Aquileana 🙂

22. A belated congratulations, Renee. This most be exciting times. Hard work, yes, but hard work that is fun to do. To get your second book published. Any idea when it will be out?